Claire Bowman Cake Lace Mix - White 500g
Fondant, Mixes, Ingredients
|Stock:||0 in stock|
This product has been discontinuedReturn to Fondant, Mixes, Ingredients category
This Cake Lace in white is a new innovative method by Claire Bowman for creating edible lace decorations for your cakes. It is very easy to use and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Cake Lace comes in 2 separate parts Part A & B. Please note that Part B is included inside Part A. It also stays flexible and moist for many months. The Cake Lace Original Mix is suitable for vegetarians. Comes in a 500g container.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer. This doesn't have to be specifically hot or cold, just water from a tap is fine!
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Part B (liquid) - Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 50°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B liquid will be left over, this can be optionally added to create a softer lace.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake Lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We do our best to ensure the accuracy of the product information on this page. However we ask customers concerned about food allergens, ingredients or country of origin to email us for the latest information and to always check the manufacturers label on the product as manufacturers ingredients may change without notice.